Sunday, March 10, 2019

If Everybody’s Doing It, Why Can’t We: The Debut of The Deja’s Domicile of Dread Patreon

This is what you get when you Google 'Domicile of Dread'
You’ve been sitting with me for a while now; some of you for much longer.  You know a few things about me.

You know I need to create.  I am compelled to create.  What I’ve learned about myself in the last year and a half is that being unable to create makes my mental illness worse.

I’ve been encouraged in the past to set up a Patreon to help support myself.  I’ve been resistant like I’ve been resistant to all newfangled stuff (ask me about how long it took me to adopt Twitter...), but when I do finally accept that modern stuff, I go all in.

If you enjoy my writing--my fiction and my popular culture criticism--or my podcasting, I’d like to invite you to be my partner in my ongoing journey.  If you contribute a little bit a month, it will help propel me further in my journey to Make The World Stranger...and in exchange, I will give some you some exclusive goodies.  Just go here and sign up.

What sort of goodies?  There are five tiers starting at $1 and going up to $10.  The lowest tier (The Domicile of Missives) will net you a piece of writerly stuff every month to feast your eyes on.  As you go higher up the tiers, you can get podcasts (Thomas Deja’s Watching, where I’ll be covering television shows on an episode-by-episode basis either by myself or with a guest, will be available at the $3 tier, and Cinematic Mirage, where I examine films lost to time or film projects that never came to fruition, will be available at the $5 tier*), movie commentaries, and--at the highest tier--the chance to actually assign me articles to write for this very blog.  Some of these things will be released to the general public after a period of exclusivity.  Some, like the movie commentaries, will be available for sale to non-Patreons after a period of exclusivity.  And some will just be between you and me and the other Patreons.

I hope that this will benefit both of us, that we can open up a personal dialogue that will shape my continuing creative journey and hopefully provide you with some diversion, insight and entertainment.

...but wait, there’s more!

To commemorate the opening of this new wing of The Domicile--what I’ve been referring to in my mind as ‘The Domicile of Treats’--anyone who signs up between now and March 17th will get as a thank you the two extant episodes of Horrors of My Life, the Dread Media Patreon Exclusive that covers 1964‘s Castle of Blood and 1965‘s Planet of the Vampires!  These have only been heard by a handful of people--and now you!

So come on...sign up.

Let’s Make The World Strange!


*--Thomas Deja’s Watching will be presented monthly.  Cinematic Mirage will come out on an irregular basis to account for the research I’ll be doing for each episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN WE WERE ULTRA: The Difference 25 Years Make, Steve (SLUDGE, SLUDGE: RED X-MAS)

Supposedly, Steve Gerber had no idea for what he could write as his contribution to the Ultraverse. Sure, he was doing Exiles , but that was...