Sunday, August 25, 2019

HALLOWEEN HORRORFEST 2019: Here We Go Again....

Banner courtesy of Chris Honeywell
Yeah, it’s still hot out, but you’ve already seen the displays at the local supermarket.  Halloween is coming.

And if you were here last year, you know what else is coming...the Halloween Horrorfest!

Last year’s Horrorfest was mainly an improvisational thing.  After choosing random films caused me some agita (I’m looking at you, Zombie Hunter), I ended up conducting daily polls.  I’m not going to lie and say I wasn’t excited by the thrill of not knowing what I was going to watch every morning when I woke up....but I’m also going to admit that the constant ‘nowness’ of it all wore me out.  So I’m going to try something different this year.

Oh, don’t worry....you’ll still get to run the Horrorfest.  But we’re doing it differently this year.

Starting today, you will get a chance to sponsor a film for me to watch and write about during the Horrorfest.  I am lifting almost all the restrictions I had during last year’s month-long party save one--I have to be able to find it after a reasonable search for it.  I would prefer not to spend a lot of money to rent it out, and I am not going to spend money on a blu-ray or DVD if I haven’t seen it before.  Preferably I’d like to find it streaming.  Other than that, you can ask me to literally watch any horror movie your heart desires.  You can try to turn me onto something I’ve never seen before...or make me suffer.

There are two ways you can sponsor a movie for this year’s Festival O’ Fear:

1) You can become a patron at the Deja’s Domicile of Dread at the $3 Tier or Greater between now and September 30th.  If you sign up, you’ll get a special link to my schedule for the event where you can fill in the movie of your choice on the day of your choice.

2) You can make a one-time donation of $3 or more at the Halloween Horrorfest Paypal Pool between now and September 30th.  As above, when you donate, you’ll get the link to assign your movie to me.

I know what you’re thinking--what if the 31 slots fill up?

If our schedule becomes stuffed....the Horrorfest will go on into November.  I will watch a film a day until the whole list is exhausted.  I know this may cost me my sanity (I had to take some time away from watching film last year--and that was only October!), but I’m willing to take the hits for as long as they last.  You know me...I’m all about Interactivity!

This is your chance to program my destiny....so get to it!

(And if you like the feeling of telling me what to do, consider becoming a Patreon at the $10 a month Tier, where you get to assign me articles on a quarterly basis as well as participate in events like the Horrorfest for free!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN WE WERE ULTRA: The Difference 25 Years Make, Steve (SLUDGE, SLUDGE: RED X-MAS)

Supposedly, Steve Gerber had no idea for what he could write as his contribution to the Ultraverse. Sure, he was doing Exiles , but that was...