Thursday, October 31, 2019

IF EVERYBODY’S DOING IT, WHY CAN’T WE: A Patreon Halloween Present

I hope everyone has been enjoying the 2019 Halloween Horrorfest.  I know my illness has caused me to stumble, but I will finish it even if the climax happens in early November.

Now the thing about doing the Horrorfest is that I haven’t been paying attention to the rest of the Domicile.  I have not recorded any podcast segments, although most of you will not notice the difference (well, those of you waiting for Thomas Deja’s Watching Episodes 2 and 4 might be a little miffed).  Even though I’ve gotten the next segment of Liberty outlined, I’ve not been writing much of anything that isn’t related to the movies I’ve featured this month. 

And my Patreons haven’t gotten anything in October, either.  Not that I don’t love everybody who reads and listens to my handiwork--I do--but these people actually back their love with money that helps keep my head above water during some rough times.  So I feel they deserve a little something extra.

So last week, I dug up ‘Wings of Fame,’ one of my dark fantasy stories that I wrote during the 90‘s (According to my notes, it was sold to an online magazine called Sinister Element, but I do not know if it actually saw publication) and sat down to record a reading of it.  To keep with the Halloween Horrorfest, it’s a film-related story.   I then reached out to Des Reddick, who is right this minute providing a score.   And this little ‘audio chapbook’ will be free to the Patreons of both the Dread Media and Domicile of Dread Patreons!

Wings of Fame will be available for download sometime in the next few days.  Anyone who is a Domicile of Dread Patron or a Dread Media Patron will be able to download it.  So if you sign up at any level before this audio chapbook drops, you’ll get it as well!

If you are interested in getting this collaboration but don’t want to sign up as a Patreon, it will be available in a couple of weeks for a dollar.  If you can’t wait, contact me through Twitter and we’ll work something out. 

This will be only the first of what I’ve been referring to as ‘Dread Domicile Productions, items that will be available jointly through both Patreons, including the upcoming Pacific Rim Rialto...and wait until you see what Des and I have in store for you as a Christmas Present!

So if you’re thinking of joining either--or both!--Patreon, now’s the time!  We’ll be waiting for you....

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN WE WERE ULTRA: The Difference 25 Years Make, Steve (SLUDGE, SLUDGE: RED X-MAS)

Supposedly, Steve Gerber had no idea for what he could write as his contribution to the Ultraverse. Sure, he was doing Exiles , but that was...