Thursday, January 9, 2020

If Everybody’s Doing, Why Can’t We: 2020 Stuffage To Look Forward To

Welcome to the new decade.  I hope everyone made the transition to the new 20‘s.

I am still hoping to lure some of you into the Domicile as a full-on Patreon.  Here are some things I hope to lure you in with:

1) I’ve still got two copies of The Best of Bare Bones, an anthology of pieces that appeared in the seminal publication that grew out of the ashes of The Scream Factory.  I’m represented by an interview with the great detective novelist Richard Prather and a critical overview of George S. Chesbro’s science fiction/crime noir series, Mongo.  I mailed a third copy this week to my $10 Patreon, Angie Bulkeley.  I want to give these remaining copies to the next two people who go to my Patreon Page at the $5 level or more.  The $5 level will net you exclusive writings like the ongoing Liberty serial (I am working on the second segment now), reviews and commentaries, access to the uncensored versions of Thomas Deja’s Watching (which I will get back to, promise!) and Patreon exclusive podcasts Cinematic Mirage: The Theater of Movies That Do Not Exist (a new episode should be recorded shortly) and Pacific Rim Rialto (Episode One, covering Japan’s Bloody Chainsaw Girl, is in the can; Episode Two, covering Korea’s Rampant, will be recorded shortly).  If you decide to invest more money, you can get things such as movie commentaries (the first two will cover Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II and All About Evil, and will be recorded in the next two months) and the right to make me write articles about whatever you want once every three months.  And that’s not counting special surprises like the Holiday Mixtape I dropped on Christmas Eve, participation in special events like the Halloween Horrorfest, and the experimental pilot Come To The Movies, which is still free for everyone!

And speaking of Come To The Movies....

2) The response to this little experiment was pretty positive, so I will be doing it again in the near future.  The Two True Freaks Network has picked it up, and I will most likely do what I am doing with Thomas Deja’s Watching--post future episodes ‘raw and unedited’ on Patreon for a period of weeks like I did with my...experience with Cats before releasing it on the TTF network.  The Patreon version will include everything, but I will be streamlining the TTF episode so it fits within a half hour listening time.  Like Cinematic Mirage, there is no set schedule, but I will try to make it to the movies every month or so.

3) If you like something I present but are unwilling to commit to a monthly pledge of support, you can do a one time donation over on my Ko-Fi page.  Presently, the money from this page will be going toward getting some new equipment for my audio stunts.  In my situation, every little bit helps.

I know it sounds like I’m begging, but things are bad and I am not asking for a handout.  I continue to produce new stuff and looking for new ways to entertain and inform you.  For me to continue to do so, I need to keep my equipment current and my head above water.  If you can’t, I understand, but if you can, it will be appreciated.

Let’s fight against the rudeness and injustice of this world together.  Let’s make the world stranger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN WE WERE ULTRA: The Difference 25 Years Make, Steve (SLUDGE, SLUDGE: RED X-MAS)

Supposedly, Steve Gerber had no idea for what he could write as his contribution to the Ultraverse. Sure, he was doing Exiles , but that was...