Friday, August 28, 2020

You Know What’s Coming Up....HALLOWEEN HORRORFEST 2020

Banner designed by Chris Honeywell
It’s almost September, which means it’s time for me to pull myself up by my bootstraps, gird my loins and settle my stomach for the third annual Halloween Horrorfest 2020!

Once again, I will be watching 31 horror films and writing about them throughout the whole month of October (okay, last year we didn’t finish up until November 2nd, but you get the idea), one film for each day!  And as with last year, we’ll have celebrity guests picking some of the films, and on those other days, you can choose what I watch!

There are a couple of ways you can program a day in the Halloween Horrorfest this year:

1) You can become a Domicile of Dread Patreon at any level.  Patreons always get a free slot, as well as advance access to podcasts and other goodies!

2) You can buy me a coffee at Ko-Fi.  Suggested donation is $3

3) You can make a donation to Black Lives Matter.  Suggested donation is $10.  Please forward your receipt to me as proof.

4) You can choose to make a donation to the charity chosen by a sponsor on his/her/their day. Like with the third possibility, please forward me proof of donation.

There are 26 slots presently open at this point, although that number will be reduced as some of my lovely sponsors submit their choices.  And if, by some strange reason, I end up with more than 31 films for my Gauntlet of Ghoulishness, I will be going into overtime!  No film will be spared.

For your edification, the (lengthy ) list of movies already covered is below.

So join me in one month and see if I survive for a third year!  See you then!

Covered During Prior Horrorfests: 
A Bay of Blood
Malatesta’s Carnival of Blood
Await Further Instructions
Cat People
The Mist
Zombie Hunter
Venom (2005)
Mayhem
The Whip And The Body
Hello, Mary Lou: Prom Night II
Blue Sunshine
American Psycho
American Mary
Howling II: Your Sister Is A Werewolf
The Mummy (2017)
Blood on Satan’s Claw
Witchboard
Tourist Trap
Johnny Gruesome
Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman
See No Evil 2
Sleepy Hollow
It Follows
Rabid
Q The Winged Serpent
Frightmare (1983)
The Car
The Lords of Salem
Marebito
Rockula
The Haunting (1963)
Dark Age
The Blood Drinkers
At Midnight, I’ll Take Your Soul
Onibaba
Captain Kronos, Vampire Hunter
Misery
Horror Express
The Night Stalker
The Exorcist
Bliss
Voodoo Man
The Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations
28 Days Later
The Intruder Within
Creepshow
Tragedy Girls
Theater of Blood
All About Evil
Pontypool
Ticks
The Beast With Five Fingers
The Prowler
In The Mouth of Madness
The Exorcist III: Legion
Cat People (1982)
City of the Dead
The Devil’s Rock
Freddy’s Dead: The Last Nightmare

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN WE WERE ULTRA: The Difference 25 Years Make, Steve (SLUDGE, SLUDGE: RED X-MAS)

Supposedly, Steve Gerber had no idea for what he could write as his contribution to the Ultraverse. Sure, he was doing Exiles , but that was...