Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Tomorrow Begins HALLOWEEN HORRORFEST 2020!


I’m preparing as best as I can, folks.  This will be the third time I have tried to watch thirty-one horror films, one for each day in October, that were either chosen for me or chosen at random.  I failed narrowly both times--although I did get thirty films in last year.  Can I finally do it in The Year of The Plague?

There are still thirteen slots left...and here’s the line-up as it stands now in case you’d like to watch along with me:

Oct 1st: Mystics In Bali
Oct 2nd: The Old Dark House (1932)
Oct 3rd: Black Sunday
Oct 4th: Gargoyles
Oct 5th: Host (2020)
Oct 6th: Mansquito
Oct 7th: Bad Biology
Oct 8th: I Saw The Devil
Oct 9th: Hell House LLC
Oct 10th: Martin
Oct 11th: Food of The Gods
Oct 12th: The Thirsty Dead
Oct 13th: Below
Oct 14th: Friday The 13th (1981)
Oct 15th: Supernatural (1933)
Oct 16th: House of Mystery (1961)
Oct 30th: Random Acts of Violence
Oct 31st: The Hand That Rocks The Cradle

Each of the sponsors have chosen a charity you can contribute to, and the Horrorfest as a whole is encouraging you to give to Black Lives Matter.  Thanks to Will Farry (who is sponsoring October 12th), we’ve already raised some money, and I hope we can raise more.

There are a couple of ways you can program one of the remaining thirteen open days in the Halloween Horrorfest this year:

1) You can become a Domicile of Dread Patreon at any level.  Patreons always get a free slot, as well as advance access to podcasts and other goodies!

2) You can buy me a coffee at Ko-Fi.  Suggested donation is $3

3) You can make a donation to Black Lives Matter.  Suggested donation is $10.  Please forward your receipt to me as proof.

4) You can choose to make a donation to the charity chosen by a sponsor on his/her/their day. Like with the third possibility, please forward me proof of donation.

As with last year, if I end up with more sponsors than there are days in October, I will go into Horrorfest Overtime, which means Halloween goes into November for me--and you!

So meet me here tomorrow night as we watch the saga of an American woman who gets involved with Indonesian black magic and becomes a blood-sucking head with its innards attached (I’ve seen this one before, and I am very psyched to revisit it*), and please consider giving to Black Lives Matter or any of the charities chosen by my sponsors so that I know my agony will not be in vain!

*--a litttle bit of trivia...I have not seen one of the movies already programmed, although you’d expect I have and I did write an outline for a novel featuring a character from the franchise that developed from it.  Guess which one, and I’ll do...something for you on the day that movie is viewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN WE WERE ULTRA: The Difference 25 Years Make, Steve (SLUDGE, SLUDGE: RED X-MAS)

Supposedly, Steve Gerber had no idea for what he could write as his contribution to the Ultraverse. Sure, he was doing Exiles , but that was...