Saturday, November 30, 2019

Phase GC of...THE HONEYWELL EXPERIMENT!

Since it's getting cold in the OcaDecaGonaGon, Virginia and I decided to take our lab monkey Chris Honeywell on a little trip to a warmer clime...so we dragged him onto the SS Clu Galuger and brought him into international waters (and you can do anything in international waters!).  And since we were sailing the high seas, I decided to inflict upon Chris the epic saga of man versus a cat inside a cat, Uninvited!  And to join in his humiliation, I decided to invite the director and producer of this unique flick, Greydon Clark!  Clark talks about this film that he made as one of the earliest direct-to-video features as well as his other great independent films like Angel's Brigade, Final Justice and Without Warning. There's talk of Clark's relationship with ace cinematographer Dean Cundy, how practical concerns help shape his films and dealing with the legendary Menahem Golan.  And, because I am a bad guy, I take him to task for breaking the young Corrine Bohrer's heart in the amazing video game based teen comedy Joysticks!

(Call me, Corinne....you could be my main henchman....just don't tell Virginia!)

Join me on my special cruise here!

Clark's autobiography, On The Cheap: My Life In Low-Budget Filmmaking, which breaks down his career in detail, is available on Amazon and on his website.  It's a great read, and if you buy it through his site, he'll personalize it!

If you would like to support this podcast and similar works--like the Patreon Exclusive Cinematic Mirage: The Theater of Movies That Don’t Exist and Pacific Rim Rialto, (first episode recorded and coming soon!) and would like to receive goodies in return (like the serialized epic Liberty and Wings of Fame, an audio chapbook), please consider becoming a Domicile of Dread Patreon. There are five tiers ranging from a dollar a month (which isn’t much, honestly) to ten dollars that can net you exclusive reviews, podcasts, movie commentaries and more.  Go to here to sign up!

...and if you'd just like to say 'Good Job,' consider buying me a Ko-fi and contribute to my efforts to upgrade my creative quest to make the world stranger!  Just go here to make a pledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN WE WERE ULTRA: The Difference 25 Years Make, Steve (SLUDGE, SLUDGE: RED X-MAS)

Supposedly, Steve Gerber had no idea for what he could write as his contribution to the Ultraverse. Sure, he was doing Exiles , but that was...