Thursday, November 1, 2018

Phase TWO of...THE HONEYWELL EXPERIMENT!

My experiment with teaching some ignoramus about Grindhouse Cinema continues just minutes before Halloween ends.  Since it’s Halloween, I charged Chris with watching the made-in-1989-but-released-in-1992 paranoid Lovecraftian thriller Society.  This was apparently a labor of love for director Brian Yuzna, and is probably best known for Screaming Mad George’s special effects.  But my victim and I discuss the story surrounding that absolutely mental final act and how it holds up.  And if Honeywell doesn’t comprehend the significance of this piece of socially political horror I place before him, I’m going to shunt him into a school of trout!

You can listen to the podcast here

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN WE WERE ULTRA: The Difference 25 Years Make, Steve (SLUDGE, SLUDGE: RED X-MAS)

Supposedly, Steve Gerber had no idea for what he could write as his contribution to the Ultraverse. Sure, he was doing Exiles , but that was...