Saturday, December 1, 2018

Phase X-MAS of...THE HONEYWELL EXPERIMENT!

So I guess Virginia and I have been getting...bolder?...in my experiment, so this phase requires more than just one subject!  So to celebrate the holidays and discuss one of the trend-setting films of the 70‘s, I had my lovely assistant abduct--INVITE, I mean invite Chris Tyler and the Jaconetti Boys of The Vault Of Startling Monster Horror Tales Of Terror for a roundtable on the classic 1974 proto-slasher Black Christmas!  This first encounter of Bob Clark with the Yuletide Spirit is a direct descendant of the Slasher Film...even though there’s very little blood.  But there is a bevy of hot sorority sisters including Olivia Hussy wearing the most inappropriate sweater ever, Margot Kidder and Andrea Martin.

Yes, that Andrea Martin.  From SCTV.

So join my impromptu Christmas Party and hope my guests have some insight into this Grindhouse Classic--or Virginia will drive a glass unicorn horn into their skull!

You can listen to the podcast here

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN WE WERE ULTRA: The Difference 25 Years Make, Steve (SLUDGE, SLUDGE: RED X-MAS)

Supposedly, Steve Gerber had no idea for what he could write as his contribution to the Ultraverse. Sure, he was doing Exiles , but that was...