Monday, August 19, 2019

IF EVERYBODY’S DOING IT, WHY CAN’T WE: Cinematic Mirage Episode One Available Today!

As promised, the first episode of Cinematic Mirage: The Theater of Movies That Do Not Exist went live at 12:01a.m today.  This half-hour presentation dissects the case of Tales From The Crypt Presents Dead Easy, what was supposed to be the first feature film of the TotC franchise.

Cinematic Mirage is the first Patreon Exclusive Podcast for Deja’s Domicile of Dread Patreon.  On an irregular basis, I’ll be examining those films that were announced, entered pre-production, maybe (like this film) had footage shot, but never made it to theatrical release.  I’ll also sometimes explore movies that exist only in my head based on extrapolations from extant movies, like The Thirteenth Friday.  And when the time comes, I’ll be presenting special episodes on films whose existence may be in doubt right this minute...like the one on the kafuffle surrounding The Hunt that I’ll be preparing in the next few weeks.

To get all this goodness, you’ll need to become a Patron at the $5 level or more.  At the $5 level, you’ll also get advance access to Thomas Deja’s Watching, exclusive fiction (like the first segment of Liberty, a super hero pulp epic , which will be available by the end of this month) and reviews of current movies.  If you opt for one of the higher tiers, you’ll also get free movie commentaries and the chance to assign me articles for this very blog.

(Of course, if you want to sign up at lower tiers, you’ll get stuff, too--at the $3 tier you get me to watch a horror movie of your choice for the 2019 Halloween Horrorfest!  More info soon!)

Please go to The Domicile of Dread Patreon to sign up and download this podcast.  I’m really excited about doing this bit of Cinematic Archaeology, and I’d love for you to join me on this journey.

I’ve saved you a seat.  Come on In!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN WE WERE ULTRA: The Difference 25 Years Make, Steve (SLUDGE, SLUDGE: RED X-MAS)

Supposedly, Steve Gerber had no idea for what he could write as his contribution to the Ultraverse. Sure, he was doing Exiles , but that was...